Thursday, July 06, 2006

Robbie Savage, a man of integrity

A second bid to lure Robbie Savage away from Ewood Park appears to have failed. Wigan Athletic tested the player's commitment and Rovers' ambitions by tabling a second bid for the controversial Welshman with improved personal terms. But Sav says he is staying put. In his own words (via Sky Sports): "I am more than happy at Blackburn. I knew when I left Birmingham that this was the right club for me and nothing has changed. It was very flattering for me that they showed an interest but there's a Uefa Cup season ahead and I'm very much looking forward to it."

Forget what thecisone was saying yesterday about professional sportsmen and filthy lucre and raise your glass to Robbie Savage, a man of integrity.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cameron said...

Robbie Savage, a man of integrity? I'm sure Birmingham fans will be thinking the very same heh?

I don't rate Savage as a footballer personally, and at the kind of money Wigan are said to be offering, from what I've seen of him I'd bite their hand off.

Isn't Wigan closer to Wrexham anyway?

1:56 PM  
Blogger The CIS One said...

Never hurts to wind up the Brummies.

I was also being just a little bit tongue in cheek...

As far as I am concerned, Savage won his place at the club on the night when we played Burnley in the Cup - dancing along the edge of Friedel's box, back turned to the Ref, flicking V-signs at the Dingles.

Fair do he didn't start well when he got to Rovers, but recent performances have been better.

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home